AUGUST 2026 BOOK REPORT

As much as I want to finish more books, I always end up with a few, but I'm still thankful for the free time to indulge myself in reading. 

  • The Problem with Wishes by Hazel Calder (ARC)- I really had fun reading this book, and I love how the story unfolds without forcing the relationship between Scarlet & Sahir. A slow-burn. I would love to give this 5 stars, but there is one issue for me. There were moments when I felt I was lost because I didn't understand whether Sahir was seen by other people or if he was just a voice in Scarlet's head while they were together. Overall, I simply adore this. :)

  • The Vegetarian by Han Kang - I really don't know how to feel about this book. I was lost for words after I finished it. I was just there on our bed, asking myself what just happened to the story. There was no resolution to the questions I wasn't supposed to have when I started reading it. I gave it one star, and that was generous because the premise looked promising that made me want to finish it. I also felt that the translation/translator did the author dirty because a lot of things don't make sense to me, and I wonder if it is translated the way it's supposed to be. 

0 comments